Out & About
The Bear’s Paw idyllic Cheshire location leaves you spoilt for choice on things to see and do. Sandbach is a town filled with historic buildings and civic pride with everything from history, sports and even science and astronomy. The Trent and Mersey canal passes through the town, which also has its own market dating back to Elizabethan times along with monthly farmers markets.
Middlewich is a town of canals and heritage boasting a beautiful parish church which has parts of it dating back to the 15th century. With a history that goes back to Roman times this town is the centre of Roman salt industry.
Within the borough of Crewe and Nantwich you can visit the mysterious Hack Green Secret Nuclear Bunker, take a spooky ghost walk through Nantwich or take a step back in time into a Victorian Sunday School. From railway heritage to farmers markets to an Edwardian theatre, this borough provides many things to see and do.
Other things to see and do in the local area -
- Jodrell Bank Discovery Centre - 11 miles
- Go Ape! Tree Top Adventure at Delamere Forest - 16 miles
- Arley Hall and Gardens - 14 miles
- Tatton Park - 19 miles
- Snugburys Icecream Farm - 11 miles
- Gulliver's World Resort - 26 miles
- Bridgemere Nursery & Garden World - 17 miles
- Sandbach Market - 4 miles
- Crewe Lyceum Theatre - 4 miles
- Chester Zoo - 26 miles